Find out what's up this month in Indy at VisitIndy.com!
The 2013 Golden Globes Awards take over Hollywood this Sunday evening, January 13th. Test your knowledge of the awards show by taking this quiz:
1. Which comedy duo is hosting this year's Golden Globes: Ricky Gervais and Steve Carell, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler or Chevy Chase and Joel McHale?
(ANSWER: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler)
2. Which actress will receive an Achievement Award at Sunday's show: Julia Roberts, Bette Midler or Jodie Foster?
(ANSWER: Jodie Foster)
3. True or false: more than 30,000 square feet of red carpet is used to lead the stars into the ceremony?
4. What movie was named Best Motion Picture at last year's show: Moneyball, The Artist or The Help?
(ANSWER: The Artist)
5. Actor Bryan Cranston is nominated for Best Actor in a Television Drama for his work on what TV show: Breaking Bad, Mad Men or Homeland?
(ANSWER: Breaking Bad)
6. Which one of these sitcoms was NOT nominated for Best Comedy or Musical Television Series: Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory or Modern Family?
(ANSWER: Two and a Half Men)
7. Which TV show won the Golden Globe last year for Best Comedy or Musical Television Series: Glee, New Girl or Modern Family?
(ANSWER: Modern Family)
8. Which actor mooned the Golden Globes audience in 1990: Mel Gibson, Michael Douglas or Jack Nicholson?
(ANSWER: Jack Nicholson)
9. True or false: Anthony Hopkins was snubbed for his performance in the biopic Hitchcock?
10. The ceremony itself has only been cancelled once, when the ongoing Hollywood writers' strike caused actors to stay home in solidarity. What year was that: 2002, 2005 or 2008?
11. For many years, the Globes were traditionally broadcast without a master of ceremonies. That changed in 2010 when who assumed hosting duties?
(ANSWER: Ricky Gervais)
BONUS. How many years in a row did Ricky Gervais host the Golden Globes?
(ANSWER: 3 – from 2010-2012)
12. True or false: Cars 2 won the statuette for Best Animated Feature Film at last year's Globes?
(ANSWER: False – Cars 2 was nominated, but the award went to The Adventures of Tintin)
13. Which actress sparked controversy in 1999 when, a day after her film got a Golden Globe nomination, she had luxe gold Coach watches delivered as gifts to each of the nominating members: Cameron Diaz, Sharon Stone or Meg Ryan?
(ANSWER: Sharon Stone)
14. The Hobbit, Peter Jackson's prequel to his Lord of the Rings trilogy, received how many Globes nominations: 0, 2 or 4?
15. How much does a Golden Globes statuette weigh: 3.5 pounds, 5.5 pounds or 7.5 pounds?
(ANSWER: 5.5 pounds)