Chef Deano's Baked Chicken
I often serve this chicken to my own family and it’s great for the holidays. It is super easy and
1 - 3lbs Chicken: have butcher quarter into 2 breast & 2 leg/thigh sections (leave on bone)
½ lb Unsalted Butter
2 tsp Paprika (Hungarian)
2 cups Onions, diced
½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup Chicken Stock (store bought is fine)
Kosher Salt & Pepper
2 ounces Fresh Minced Chives
Juice of 2 Lemons
1. In large rectangle or Pyrex baking pan, lay chicken down and begin to top each piece
with 1inch pats of cold butter.
2. Generously top each piece with Worcestershire sauce.
3. Sprinkle with Paprika, Kosher Salt & Pepper.
4. Place onions all around chicken and pour in chicken stock.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350° until chicken reaches 180° on thermometer (about 1 hr)
6. Uncover and sprinkle with fresh chives and squeeze of fresh lemon.
Chef Deano's Baked Brie with Tomato Jam & Port Wine Essence
Brie: El Presidente Brand (28.3 oz.) Available at Costco or Sam's
1 sheet 12 by 15 Puff Pastry
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp minced ginger
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup cider or champagne vinegar
1 litre Port Wine (not tawny or vintage, just cooking port)
3 oz. milk
Procedure for Brie:
1. Thaw Puff pastry (always come frozen)
2. Combine eggs and milk. Whip well.
3. Coat puff pastry thoroughly with egg wash using a pastry brush.
4. Place Brie on puff pastry. Gently pull pastry up and around Brie to cover entire wheel,
pulling corners and folds to meet in center. Cut off excess puff pastry. Brush seal with
5. Flip Brie over and coat with egg wash.
6. Place Brie on parchment paper.
7. Bake at 350° for 10- 15 minutes until golden brown (note if it begins to leak out pull
immediately) depends on your oven.
8. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Procedure for Tomato Jam:
1. Dice tomatoes.
2. Combine tomatoes with ginger, sugar and vinegars.
3. Simmer mixture in medium pot on low. Reduce until at a syrup stage: low simmer, may
take 1 hour plus.
4. Using an Immersion Blender, puree tomato jam.
5. Reserve and chill. Note you can replace the Tomato Jam with any store bought jelly or
jam of your liking.
For Port Wine Essence:
Empty entire bottle of Port Wine into stockpot and begin to reduce carefully.
This process must be monitored closely as going too far in reduction process will burn Port.
Essentially Port will flame off all alcohol, and then reduce to a syrup that can be drizzled over
warm Brie. Look for a stage in reduction where port looks foamy (low heat) and begins to rise up
sides of pan.