Chef Deano's Heart Healthy Super bowl Favorite -
White Bean Crostini with Truffle Oil
Delicious Heart Healthy Recipe of Toast with Flavorful Drizzle of White Truffle Oil
1 can (15.5oz) Great Northern beans or Butter beans. Cook & rinse well.
1 tsp fresh minced garlic. Blanch in olive oil.
1 tsp minced shallots
1/2 bunch minced scallions. Reserve 1/2 for garnish.
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano
Kosher Salt & Pepper
1-ounce white truffle oil
Dash of Tabasco
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse to smooth paste consistency
2. Take 1 baguette (I prefer Blue Dog as it's by far best locally) and cut crosswise
into 1/3 inch thick slices. Brush with extra virgin olive oil and toast.
3. Spread bean mixture on toasted baguette and drizzle with a little additional
truffle oil. Top with remaining fine mince of scallion.
* For variation you can add mushroom slices to recipe above or substitute bean mix
with fresh Chevré from Capriole Farms! This is a dish where your imagination can
over, substitute different ingredients and still keep it healthy!
Chef Deano's Nana’s Meatballs
Perfect recipe for Superbowl or other festive get together! It’s a family favorite!
1 lb. Ground Chuck
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp Worcestershire
1/2 cup PET evaporated milk
1.5 cups crushed corn flakes
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Shape into mini cocktail size meatballs.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 325º
My favorite is a combination of grape jelly and Henry Bain sauce. Combine equal
portions of grape jelly and Henry Bain sauce. Place meatballs & sauce in warmer (such as
crock pot) and slowly heat in sauce.